Saturday, June 15, 2013

Gregorio Gomez

CIRCLE OF LIGHT

The telephone kept ringing again again…
As I run towards it I can’t dissolve the gap
Between us…but no matter how much
I struggled to reach it…it's always a step in front of me…
Pausing for a moment to figure out the challenge
It quiets as if to allow me to think
To review my thoughts to engage in personal talk
You know - let that little voice inside the head - fuck with me…
I look around me and I am bathed by a singular spot light
Coming from the heights of somewhere up above
The ringing continues and although I can’t see the phone
I know it's there – just within my reach – I feel its essence…
Does a phone have an essence? Or are my fingers wishing it
Wishing it so that the web of my mind does not collapse
Right there into a pile of goo…in front of all you…
But there is no you…not even a me I think…is there a me…?
Yes of course there is! I mean – I am beneath or within
This bright light - coming from somewhere up above
Above the above…near the clouds maybe even close
To the Milky Way…but immediately below the Universe …
There was a moment when I felt cold or was it hot
No really what did I feel…fear? Joy? An emotion in motion
Like the first time I saw her…in the garden…
The sign said it was an Italian rose…I said wow…
And the fucking phone began to ring…ring ring…ring ring…
And in precisely that split second I lost my train of thought
In exactly that flash of surprise - I lost my place in line
I lost an instant of time…it was a paradigm or was it a pair of dimes…
Am I confused? I loose my balance and fall to the floor
It is soft like one of those posture-pedic bed commercials
Shit…! I mean holy shit! Is it an acid flashback? or just plain paranoia
Hearye hearye hearye… we’re here to condemn a man…
Fuck me man! fuck me!…I hold my head between my hands
Trying to keep it from exploding into oblivion in a million pieces
Who the fuck is pulling the strings…and then ring ring…ring ring…
As I scream at the top of my voice…there was a crack of thunder…
I find myself within that circle of light in the fight of my life
I had let my demons on the loose…I lost control of my moral reality
But as I opened the window…a surge of fresh air swept in
As the lid of the coffin closed an Italian rose was placed upon it…
Ring ring…ring ring…ring ring…

No comments:

Post a Comment